Western Campaign Facts
- The Western campaign aims to strengthen London and area through donations and volunteerism in and with the United Way.
- Western’s 2020 United Way campaign raised $635,357 for our community. Western’s contribution continues to be the largest United Way employee/retiree giving campaign in Elgin Middlesex and the second-largest university campaign in Canada.
- Thank you to the Western University community for giving 1 in 5 local people opportunity and hope.
United Way Elgin Middlesex funds more than 90 programs at 49 community agencies to help people in the following areas:
A strong community with resilient and healthy people
Supporting personal wellbeing and strengthening communities by prioritizing:
- Community mental health supports & services
- Wellbeing & resilience for all
- Addressing gender-based violence
- Neighbourhood & community development
From poverty to possibility
Meeting basic human needs and support people in moving out of poverty by prioritizing:
- Basic needs
- Housing stability
- Income stability
All that kids can be
Helping children and youth and their full potential by prioritizing:
- Success in education
- Community connection and emotional & physical wellbeing