Skip to Content
Western Campaign Facts
- The 2018 campaign aims to strength London and area through donations and volunteerism in and with the United Way.
- The funds that Western's campaign raises remain critical. For the past several years Western has lead the largest United Way employee campaign in Elgin & Middlesex.
- Campaign co-chairs are Mithu Sen, Acting Vice Dean, Faculty Affairs as well as Assistant Dean, Faculty of Equity and Wellness, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry and Shawn Finkbeiner, Director of Finance, Housing & Ancillary Services.
- This year our campaign will benefit from the support of Jasmine Ball as our 2018 United Way Sponsored Employee.
- Taking on the role of Leadership Chair is Louise Milligan, Associate Dean, Administration in the Faculty of Science.
- The Western Retirees Chairs are Dalin Jameson a retired staff member from the President's Office, Susan Pepper, Professor Emeritus in Psychology and Stephen Jarrett, retired Legal Counsel.
United Way Elgin Middlesex funds more than 90 programs at 50 community agencies to help people in poverty or at risk, with a focus on:
- Strengthening families who are struggling with poverty, violence and/or mental health issues
- Preparing children and youth for future successo Building the capacity of neighbourhoods and local communities
- Enabling Aboriginal people and newcomers to be successful participants in community life
- Helping seniors maintain their independence and dignity
- Promoting wellness and independence for people with disabilities and health concerns
- A diverse group of 40 volunteers review agency requests for funding and invest in programs that get maximum results