Western Campaign Facts
- On Jan. 18 Western's United Way Campaign announced a campaign contribution of $657, 234 for the 2016 campaign
- The 2016 campaign aims to strength London and area through donations and volunteerism in and with the United Way
- The funds that Western's campaign raises remain critical. For the past several years Western has lead the largest United Way employee campaign in London & Middlesex
- The Campaign co-chairs are Michele Parkin, Director, Faculty Relations and Louise Milligan, Associate Dean, Faculty of Science
- This year our campaign will benefit from the support of Grace Kelly as our 2016 United Way Sponsored Employee. Grace is a staff member in Research Ethics.
- The Western Retirees Co-chairs are Dalin Jameson a retired staff member from the President's Office and Susan Pepper, Professor Emeritus in Psychology.
United Way London & Middlesex funds more than 80 programs at 40 community agencies to help people in poverty or at risk, with a focus on:
- Strengthening families who are struggling with poverty, violence and/or mental health issues
- Preparing children and youth for future successo Building the capacity of neighbourhoods and local communities
- Enabling Aboriginal people and newcomers to be successful participants in community life
- Helping seniors maintain their independence and dignity
- Promoting wellness and independence for people with disabilities and health concerns
- A diverse group of 40 volunteers review agency requests for funding and invest in programs that get maximum results